Sunday 22 May 2011

Things in my life requiring serious attention

In the past 9 months, we have had a lovely time holidaying in Malaysia (Penang & Borneo), Dubai and Jordan at Christmas and most recently, Africa. But now I really feel like I’m in a period of consolidation and here’s the tragic list of things that require my attention:

·      My weight. I’ve been off dairy for a week and desperately missing my two lattes a day but a friend reckons 3 weeks of that and I should lose 4 kilos. It's gone well beyond extremely high shoes. I’ve always got a ‘good’ 5 that needs to go, so stay tuned.

·      My finances. Man, I need to save some money! We’re planning on doing the American Road Trip (A.R.T.) next September and I’d also like to get on with some renovation at home. But between school fees, holidays, braces, lovely dinners out at fine restaurants, the hired help – it’s not easy. But it does remind me why I work.

·      My house. Or should I say clutter? It’s driving me crazy! And further to the above point, if I use the stuff in the pantry, the laundry, the bathroom and stop buying stuff, it could be a win-win.

·      My email. I have more than 2,640 emails in my inbox and a mere 2,100 in sent mail (I did have a crack at that one recently). No wonder my computer’s having a break down.

·      My baby. She’s been at school a term and her reading is well – frankly – crap! I really need to work on that. Nor can she ride a bike for that matter. She’s getting better but just need some focus!

Do you have periods when you feel the need to get your life in order? Feel free to comment and not make me feel like a freak!

6 comments:

K said...

Oh hun! so many of those are so true to me too! I love holidays like you we went so many OS places last year because of my husbands work and I here you about the house, and yes the email! I have a study which I have been trying to attack for a year! So don't work you are the norm not the freak :)

K said...

Oh and I am following you by email too :) Promise I won't lose you in my 1000+ emails lol :)

Mother Who Works said...

Ahhh.... the study! Yes, that should be on the list too. Thanks for the comments! MWWxx

Anonymous said...

One solution is to take 18 months off work, but then again, it took 15 months to get around to all those jobs I hate to do! Oh & I forgot only one small issue, after that you can't afford the renovations or the school fees...so maybe just ignore the to do list!! :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG, where do I start about getting life in order. A glass of wine and getting nails done should work.

Mother Who Works said...

What an excellent idea! MWWx

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...