Friday 6 May 2011

Sangoma Videos

I was clear fascinated with the Sangoma, (or Healing Lady), in Zululand.

Here are some videos. The first in the Sangoma herself, with apprentices on the left. Turn up the volume to get the total effect. They're really getting in 'the zone'! And no, I'm pretty sure there were no recreational pharmaceuticals involved.


And here's our son getting his feet washed. He can't walk, so they got him a plastic chair -  the only seat in the house. The Sangoma indicated to the apprentices to carry the tub over to make sure his feet were washed too.


 And finally, here are the girls and me, balancing precariously as we get our feet carefully bathed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure why I am posting a comment - I am lost for words- amazing sounds twee

Mother Who Works said...

But I appreciate your comments!

Anonymous said...

What I am amazed at is that MWW managed to get the film clip into her website ...

Mother Who Works said...

Okay anonymous 8.15 - reveal yourself! I'll have you know I was the first person in this advertising agency to have an iPhone!!! You'd be surprised. I didn't even need to ask Soula to help me load those clips. I did that all by myself. MWWx

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...