Thursday 12 May 2011

Frikin' Computer!



We all know that despite my protests, I am TecNO-T. I love technology when it works, but when it doesn’t, that obsession fast turns to fucking HATE!!!!

It’s now 10:19pm and I’m at my desk. I have just finished re-writing a Power Point presentation for 9am tomorrow morning and it’s not because I’m disorganized. I actually had the fucker all ready to go with half an hour before I needed to leave for parent/teacher interviews. All I had to do to polish it off was drop in a few logos.

I spent some of yesterday and a chunk of today drawing together the preso from proposals from magazine stables, the media agencies documents and costings, the promotional departments ideas, a publishers costing and thoughts and crunched endless sales data. I’ve driven the team mad with constant questioning like what they think the redemption rate might be, the uptake, the incremental volume, and what of that will be derived from our existing customers and what from competitors. I’d loaded in about 30 visuals and format most of it. It was looking pretty good. That’s right, WAS!!!

I opened a big, old presentation to find a logo and the wheel of death appeared. And I lost the whole fucking lot!!!!! FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!!

I.T., bless, were up here in a minute, desperately trawling my machine for a recovered file, Googling to see if any stone had been unturned, but it was becoming painfully apparently it had gone.

So I went to parent/teacher (she’s doing well, thank you...) and then came back to work like the loser I am to redo that frickin’ presentation……

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was worth the effort

Love the client!

Mother Who Works said...

Thanks client!!!

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...