Here's a quick salad that could easily double as a lunch to take to the office or a working girl's dinner!
- Saute a chopped brown onion until golden. Add a 250g packet of pearl couscous, two cups of boiling water, a good pinch of sea salt and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Let it sit for a bit before transferring to a dish to cool
- Once cool, add a couple of diced tomatoes, a diced Lebanese cucumber and sweet corn. I used cooked, cold fresh corn and just sliced the kernels off the cob. It could have done with some diced red capsicum but there was none in the fridge...
- Micro-plane the zest off a lemon, then squeeze in the juice
- Drizzle on a good amount of olive oil - I used lemon scented because I reckon it can't ever be too lemony
- Add lots of chopped mint and parsley and taste - it might need more salt as the couscous really does needs a fair bit. And that's it - too easy!