Saturday 28 May 2011

Anal

Now there’s a subject that’s got your attention!! But no, I’m not talking about the sex. On that subject, one of my work mates recently regaled us with the story of her aunt, announcing to her, her mother and several other uncomfortably close relatives for this topic, that she’s never had anal sex on purpose, only by accident!! WTF?? It’s left us all with so many unanswered questions…
Anyway, back to the actual topic at hand: I wouldn’t describe myself as a particularly anally retentive type.  Yes, the books on the book case are arranged according to the colour of their spine and yes, my partner often tells me not to inflict my cleaning disease onto him, but really, you only need to look at the state of my desk at work or my house on any given day to know I’m really not meticulous.
However, every day this week when I’ve made the bed, I have cursed the cleaners – how hard is it to put matching pillowcases on our bed??  Seriously. I buy them in pairs. Every one has a partner. They’re all in the cupboard. It cannot be that hard!!! Yes, all the linen is white (is that anal?) but the pillowcases have varying textures and definite pairs. A small thing perhaps, but important to me.
Am I being unreasonable??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - I really was wondering where this one was going!! LOL - but I think we can agree on one thing, we definitely need some good quality cleaners in this country! I wanted to import ours from Russia when we moved back !! Although she was Filipino !!

Anonymous said...

Oh Anthony stop bragging.

MWW, I totally agree pillow slips must match, no matter how subtle the texture.

(But do your bras and undies match?)

Seana Smith said...

I would like to immediately employ your cleaner-who-changes-sheets. Am clearly lacking in this department. I would love to have matching pillowslips, but not so much that I'd actually get it together to get them toegther. We have about 5 or 6 pillows on our bed, sometimes a couple match...

Anonymous said...

Cleaner changes your sheets? You are too spoilt and precious MWW. If you want them to match, do it yourself, or buy matching pillowslips!

Take off that tiara princess!!

Mother Who Works said...

Yes, precisely the point anonymous 10.43 - I do buy them in pairs - I usually try and stack them in the cupboard in pairs (yes, the cleaners should be doing that too!!!)
Yes, they do change the sheets, but I pay them plenty!!! Another reason why I work....
Perhaps I should get the cleaners to polish my tiaras?? MWWx

Mother Who Works said...

Oh - and Anonymouses 4.03 and 4.54 - back to your corners! I know who you are - be kind to each other please! No bickering. And yes, as it so happens today, my underwear does match 4.54 - thnks for asking! :) MWWx

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...