Wednesday 10 November 2010

The ultimate come back....


Kids can be very precocious at times, and if you’re anything like me, you do try and hold your tongue and not tell them what you’re really thinking because you know the therapy later in life will cost you dearly – financially and emotionally.

But sometimes it just slips out.

I was running one day and daughter two was riding her bike. Actually, it was a very pleasant afternoon and she wasn’t being precocious – for a change – so I don’t really know what inspired me.

We were stopped at the traffic lights and I asked for a drink from her water bottle. After taking a good gulp, I handed it back and she began furiously wiping the end on her T-shirt.

‘What are you doing?’ I asked.
‘I don’t want your germs,’ she said, in a reasonable tone.
‘I don’t know why you’re worried about that,’ I mumbled. ‘You came out of my vagina.’

Therapy, here we come…..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank god for you MWW! Having raced my children to school (after turning into a screaming banshee to get them there on time!), fly into work, I sit down with a cuppa and find your email in my inbox. Have started the day laughing my head off! Thank you!

Mother Who Works said...

Why, thank you anonymous - you've really made my day! MWWx

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...