Monday 22 November 2010

Monday.....


So after a lovely weekend and good night’s sleep, Monday was looking okay.

Until my partner noted the fridge was actually radiating heat when you opened the door – not cold.  It was acting like an oven. Not good.

I had noticed last night a couple of things near the top were warm, and turned the temperature down, but it was now well past a fiddle with the knob stage. So added to the morning chaos was trying to transport every thing from the kitchen fridge to the drinks fridge in the shed. Not ideal, but under control.

The four year old is yelling at the back door. Actually, no, screaming. I suspect she’s stood on one of those pesky nails that lifts just those few millimetres out of the deck. I can hear her screaming back to the shed, verging on hysteria so go to investigate…. to discover the washing machine has pumped about 80 litres of water onto the laundry floor!

I’m having déjà vous from last Monday and the Cub tsunami! Water is pouring into the hallway, onto my hand-knotted (ie frickin’ expensive!!) runner, lapping at the new carpet in the kids’ bedrooms, pooling in the laundry cupboard and gushing into the bathroom. What a start to the day.

We’ve got Cubs tonight, and I don’t know how, but somehow I’m in charge – again??!! So, not satisfied just with sharp knives in the program last week, tonight I’ve added the extra thrill of hot fry pans as well!

Stay tuned on how this day ends….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. Your life is definitely not dull and boring MWW. And I can only laugh because my own life has been know to be equally chaotic. I always find it funny when you're sitting in a meeting with a client at 9am and they have absolutely no idea what you've been through before you actually got to work.
Hope Cub Scouts was fun too!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Not the new carpet!

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...