Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Wheeler Centre

If you live in Melbourne and you have the chance, get along to The Wheeler Centre (the centre for books, writing and ideas).

Last night after work, a girlfriend and I swung past to hear a couple of notorious crime journos chat about their subjects and the books they’ve written. For a Tuesday night in the city, it’s excellent entertainment – and like last night, most often free.

The guys were very funny. One was talking about a notorious Sydney criminal "who was at the time, the country’s biggest importer of heroin and working with the country’s biggest criminal organisation – the New South Wales Police.”

The first time I went was to see a session on Ethics in Advertising….yes, really!!

So after an hour of intellectual stimulation, we retired to the Seamstress' cocktail bar for a couple of beverages and a review. I was home by 9.30pm. Perfect night out on a Tuesday.

BTW,  a couple of people have asked about the tap light from The Renovation. Here’s a link for a shower head that also lights up: …I think I need to investigate that one too!


2 comments:

Motherwhoworks said...

We also went to The Wheeler Centre's event to launch Kaz Cooke's new book - Women's Stuff, with Judith Lucy, on Thursday. Hilarious!!! Might post about that this week...

Blackerj122 said...

I too have discovered the excellent programs at Wheeler Centre but not the Seamstress' cocktail bar! Will have to hunt that out.

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...