Sunday 2 October 2011

The Renovation

For at least a year now, I’ve harboured what I thought was a reality – to renovate – only to have my partner/builder/plumber tell me it’s a fantasy and that he has no interest in renovating. What the…?? Break it to me gently why don’t you?

I’d be gathering thoughts and ideas and had the interior designer who’d helped with the kids bathroom do a rough plan. Geoff was objecting violently (figuratively, not literally!) to having the size of his study halved, so as I contemplated solutions, he announced, point blank he’s not interested. Not at all. Bugger.

My friend Theresa has renovated her house and has an extremely beautiful (and proportionately expensive) kitchen tap that is almost a work of art the shape is so perfect. She said the same one can come with a blue light that goes on when you turn on the water.
‘Oh! I want one of those,’ I said.

So as small compensation, I arrived home the other night to discover Geoff had bought a little thing that replaces the existing end of the tap to one that lights up. Powered by the water, it’s blue for cold, green for warm and red for hot. Kitsch? Absolutely – but I do love a little bit of kitsch. And for $7 online from Japan, a hell of a lot cheaper than the reno.



PS As an aside, I’m not really into the footy, but was amazed to see these chips in Coles today when Geelong only won yesterday. If you know anything about supermarkets, logistics and manufacturing, you’ll appreciate how absolutely amazing this is!!! 

In the supermarket less than 24 hours after the Cats won.

2 comments:

Blackerj122 said...

How clever is Geoff!! How many " brownie points" and how long until you
contact the interior designer again???????

motherwhoworks said...

Yep. That's bought him days JB, literally days. In fact, it'll probably be a lot longer because his reticence prompted me to book a trip to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam for Christmas, so I'll need to save up.....

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...