Sunday 29 May 2016

The New Bag

Is there a check list for a new bag?

There should be as I've invested in a new bag and apart from liking the look, I hate it.

Yes, I know hate is a very strong word, but it's driving me crazy.

I'm not one of those fashionable types who changes their bag to match each outfit - I wish I was but I'm not. On the odd occasion I do swap a bag, guaranteed something vital will be left behind like my security pass or the lipstick that's just the right colour - so I find it much easier to have one bag and use it everyday for, well, at least a year.

Here's my old bag:


And my new one:



Hard to tell from the pics but the new one is:

  • Pony (cow hide/fuzzy)
  • Has a flap over the front (saddle bag style) and a chain that loops around and clips it shut
  • Black
  • Quite a bit smaller
  • Giving me the shits!!!
Okay - so I have had my money's worth from the old one. I loved the patent leather, the blue, the gold hardware, the top zip that meant I could keep throwing things in it -  my sunglasses, the computer charger, note books, a projector adaptor, bottles of perfume, pens, lipsticks and glosses galore - until it was a veritable mobile stationery and cosmetic cupboard.

But the new one... no chance.

I can't even get my reading glasses and sunglasses in it.

So what was I thinking?

Clearly, I wasn't. Just "Need new bag. Can't find anything I love. Bored. Oh that will do."

And so I'm now paying the price. Yes it looks cute but its as practical as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

So I'm sharing this as a warning.... although I suspect everyone already knew this!!


No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...