Tuesday 10 May 2016

The Capsule

You probably remember that I do a bit of volunteer work with Avalon Centre, which accepts donations of second hand clothes and bedding and distributes them to the homeless (among other fabulous services).

One of my favourite jobs is going through the old handbags - just to see if someone has inadvertently left us a huge wad of cash or some other valuable treasure (so far nothing but a few foreign coins, but I live in hope!)

Last week, as I dug through a 'Fendi' bag (I say 'Fendi' because I don't think was actually a Fendi) I found a capsule that looked just like this, in the lining.




I wonder what it is.... I asked of no one in particular.
Maybe you should take it and find out, Deb, the woman behind Avalon suggested as she bustled past, we'll all sit around and see what happens.... but not before you've finished all your work!

Laugh! No wonder I keep turning up.

A few bags later, I pulled out a computer satchel. What do you think of this bag, Grace?  I asked a fellow volunteer and started modelling it, slinging it from my shoulder, tucking it under my arm, doing my best catwalk impersonation. 
Have you taken that tablet? Grace asked me with a serious expression. 
Ha! No - just high on life, Grace!

No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...