Thursday 5 May 2016

The CCC

Back before every one had smart phones, you actually had a separate piece of equipment to take photos or videos. Imagine! My partner's family, whose surname starts with a C, swore they had been inflicted with a camera curse - known as the CCC.

The CCC presented itself whenever there was a particularly important family event, big overseas holiday or other milestone when said equipment invariably failed.

One such occasion was one of the girls' baptism. (Yes, yes, we're atheists - let's just put that down to tradition and pleasing grandparents.) The camera just wouldn't take a picture. Geoff suggested it was because the chapel was too cold, which is funny really because even then I was sure I'd seen photos taken in Antarctica and I'm pretty sure that would have been a shite-load colder than a chapel in Melbourne.

Now we all have the ability to capture a moment on our phones, it seems the curse has moved on.... to construction.

Oh. My. God. I cannot begin to tell you how frustrating the construction of our shed has been. We had trouble with council and permits, getting the design finalised, the steel was delayed, the concreters were delayed due to rain, the wrong cedar was ordered, our original window guy fell through (I'm sure you remember that story!), the carpenter's mother became ill, the shutter people tried to cancel the job about 8 times because they thought is was too hard, an urgent renovation came up for Geoff and his team - on and on and on it goes.

Even at our street Christmas party, waaaaay back in December I was lamenting the languishing of this project.
I should never have started sleeping with the builder! I exclaimed in exasperation.
Gathering from the awkward expression on some of my neighbours' faces, I realised they were unaware that Geoff is the builder! Tempted though I was not to clarify, I did. (Unlike me, I know...)

Some progress has occurred. The structure is up, the windows are in, the shutters installed, the graffiti on the exterior is complete and the ceiling is all in. Geoff assures me the cabinet maker is coming next week and the tiler shortly after that.... I'll get back to you.

And the CCC continues....
Ceiling and windows - finally in.

Graffiti by Dan and Mayonaize through 90Degrees on the exterior facing the laneways... to deter graffiti!!


No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...