Monday 24 February 2014

Reasons why I could and couldn't live in Japan

Could:

  • First and foremost, because Ugg boots are completely acceptable footwear anywhere, anytime - yes please! And there's a truly dazzling array of styles for every occasion. Gold sequins anyone?
  • The people are so polite - even when they're asking you not to park
  • The people are honest - look at this lost baby shoes on The Philosopher's Walk in Kyoto
  • Art - especially the contemporary stuff (more to come on that)
  • Hot coffee in vending machines - everywhere
  • The food - yum!
  • The interesting stuff you stumble upon - like a wedding 
  • The gardens and temples
  • Skiing and powder
















Couldn't:
  • I can't speak Japanese. But having said that, unlike languages that require you to talk with a funny accent, I reckon I could give it a red hot go. Although Eleanor spend seven years learning Japanese in primary school and all she could say was 'Sit down' (apparently what the teacher constantly requested of the class), hello, goodbye and thank you (I can manage that) and count to ten....hmmm
  • I can't drive for nuts - let alone in very small spaces. Check this park in someone's front yard - again in Kyoto! How to you get out? Through the boot??

So - nine to two - yep, that feels about right!

No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...