Wednesday 5 February 2014

Avicci - the new Milli Vanilli?

Okay - I'll get back to Japan because there is so much more - but a brief diversion; Avicci.

What do you think? I love the album TRUE - it's quite eclectic and some extraordinary talent behind it - but the vocals are often uncredited - it's all Avicci (aka DJ Tim Bergling).  And yet, a Google search reveals that with his hit Wake Me Up, 'I had a demo with Mac Davis singing, the guy who wrote all the Elvis Presley stuff'. I imagine he picked up a few tips from the man who wrote hits like In The Ghetto...

His team also seem to be geniuses in their field - lighting, mixing, tech guy (and I suspect management and marketing).

When he's interviewed, he claims he comes up with an idea and then gets help with lyrics and music arrangement and of course, talent like vocals. He's also said that on stage, he fiddles with the volume - that's pretty much it. He is officially, DJ Magazine's third best DJ in the world and twice been nominated for a Grammy - at 24.

Bundle that up with his new found sobriety due to pancreatic issues, a girlfriend who's very pretty yet very 'normal' and his philanthropic venture (founder of House for Hunger) and it's starting to all sound a little too good to be true.
The girlfriend


But wait - there's more! He's drop-dead gorgeous (in a very boyish way), a model and the face of Ralf Lauren Denim and Supply.



Am I the only one who's suspicious of this juggerunaut? Anyone else smell something cooking here? Something that might be a bit more manufactured than authentic? And the biggest question of all, does it even matter?

The music is great, plenty of talented people are (I assume) being rewarded for their contribution and millions are enjoying the product. Still..... what do you think?




No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...