Saturday 18 September 2010

Who am I?

I’m a mother of four who works full time. But I don’t wait on tables or serve in a shop in order to support my kids; that would be completely acceptable. No, I’m a senior executive in a corporation. And this is clearly not noble and not to be admired, in fact, it’s often considered the ultimate statement in self-serving, egotistical, self-indulgent selfishness.

“I’m not judging you”, an equivalent male colleague told me recently. Really? Because that’s exactly what it sounded like. Apparently he and his wife have decided the best thing they can do in life “is to raise their own children”. Right, because I just thought I’d show mine how to use the microwave and the TV and pretty much leave them to it.

Yes, I have enough domestic help to hold my own staff party at the end of the year, but does that make me a bad mother?

Take the poll below and let me know....

No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...