Monday 13 September 2010

how do you do it?

“How do you do it?”

 Is there ever a more loaded question of the WM? It really is all in the tone. I was once asked this by a celeb who’d recently become a mum, so it did seem with genuine interest. “A good red with dinner,” was my sage response. (Not a joke – and perhaps yet another reason I need to work – to pay that wine bill!)

Have you read ‘I don’t know how she does it” ? Verged on biographical for me. My own mother in law once cornered me about my partner’s increasingly lithe frame and accusingly asked if I was feeding him. “He knows where the fridge is”. Probably didn’t score me any points but really, he’s a grown up, I’m not his mother and I am very, very busy.

Frankly, I could do with an extra 4 hours a day. At least 4. I’d write and cruise the net more, read to the kids and watch TV more, cook and exercise more and probably even work more. But like you, I have 24 hours and just shove it all in like everyone else – and you just do.

No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...