Sunday 30 October 2011

Mr Minit – The Resolution

Geez – it’s been a long few weeks with Mr Minit.

You might recall the dilemma which was that I wasn’t certain that he was deliberately infuriating with appalling customer service and trying to avoid responsibility or that he was just not that sharp. 

I called Mr Minit on the following two Fridays, advising him that despite a global search on the net (actually, is there any other?? But it did sound like I was being thorough) I couldn’t find any similar boots, new or second hand other than $199 ones. He was just as rude on the phone but I refrained from barking at him that this was taking up a ridiculous amount of my time and did he have any idea of my charge out rate?? (In fact, another reason I didn't say that is that it does make me sound like a prostitute - and the way I dress, well, he could already be forgiven for being suspicious.) After 3 weeks I bit the bullet and purchased the $199 ones thinking I'd just take what ever he was prepared to contribute. A few days later I got an email to say the stock wasn’t available and they’d cancelled my order. Crikey, this was exasperating!!!

Tony Bianco, the shoe chain, had been helpful to date. In fact I can’t tell you how lovely the girls there are; they could teach Mr Minit a thing or two about customer service. They emailed all their stores looking for something similar and in the end, I settled on a far more conservative (ie I don’t love them) version of the boot reduced to a mere $30 plus $18 postage.

Mr Minit was naturally relieved when I rang to tell him the damage. He said he’d have a cheque for $48 made out for me. When I went to collect it, for the first time ever, he was friendly and sympathetic; acknowledging it wasn’t often you could replace exactly what you had and apologising for all the inconvenience. But the answer to the dilemma was confirmed when he rightly asked me sign a receipt for the money which said it was for ‘selling the rong product.’ Oh dear. And I thought my spelling was bad.

PS Sorry for the reduction to weekly posts - just been a little under the pump recently.

2 comments:

Motherwhoworks said...

H ha ha!! Exactly! Gosh - and I thought my spelling was bad. I think the boots may be weekend wear - just don't have the necessary hight to make me look more important than I am for the purpose of work! MWWx

Blackerj122 said...

Rite!!!! Sorry that you don't love the boots - in my case they would get a few frantic wears and then begin to languish in the cupboard.

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...