Sunday 16 October 2011

The Khaki Skirt

I had a khaki pencil skirt a few years back that seemed so corporate. It was well know Melbourne designer in a crisp cotton to the knee, fully lined, suitably expensive and with a split up the front that saved it from being dull.

I also had a new senior client that had come into the agency for an induction, and as arranged, we then headed out to lunch. I was driving. We were casually chatting. I glanced over and noticed he was not only looking out the passenger-side window, but had his head determinedly facing away from me. Hmmm, slightly unusual I thought, chatting on. As we turned into a side street to park, I happened to glance downwards and realised I could see my undies!!!! That bloody khaki skirt. So proper when you try it on or getting dressed - standing up. Perfectly decent when your lower half is parked under a boardroom table or desk. So very, very wrong in a car.

Sharing this story with a female client from the same organisation, she felt compelled to send me the following poem:

Mary had a little skirt,
It was split right up the sides
And everywhere that Mary went,
The boys could see her thighs.

Mary had another skirt,
It was split right up the front,
She didn’t wear that one very often…

You know who you are.

2 comments:

Motherwhoworks said...

it should have come with a CAUTION on the tag!!

Blackerj122 said...

oooh! I can relate - when I was your age I also went for the" split up the front that saved it from being dull."

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...