Monday 13 June 2011

Retirement

Now there’s a fantasy. Can you even imagine?? My uncle was here yesterday to help celebrate our son’s actual 18th birthday (as opposed to the party last weekend) and said he didn’t even realise it was a long weekend until a couple of days ago.
The idea of retirement is exciting. One of the ladies from my Pilates class is flying to Rome with a girl friend, hiring a car and with no plans at all, they’re heading off. Doing a ‘Thelma and Louise’. I did suggest they pull up at the cliff. But how much fun would that be?
With my last baby in prep and only 6½  years of primary school to go before she gets to 6 more years of private school fees, retirement ain’t looking that close. I can’t even smell it.
I had some vague notion that once I started blogging, I’d get so many followers that I could eventually launch my book(s) off the back of my blogging fame and ease myself into a comfortable and effortless income away from the demands and hectic pace of advertising – but that hasn’t happened, has it?? No, it has not! You can see I have a sum total of 18 followers – up from the 16 I’ve had for the last year or so – so thank you to those two - Dorothy and How To Go Left. And my Feed Burns have been vacillating between the mid 70s and high 80s but really, no major change there either. It’s tragically sad – but here’s where you come in!
In a desperate bid of blatant and shameless self-promotion, I am asking – no begging – if could you please send my link on to one or two people you know who may, or may not (I really don’t care), appreciate my ramblings, I would be eternally grateful. And retirement may be a mere 20 years away instead of my current calculation of 25.
Yours, grovellingly, MWWx

3 comments:

Bushra said...

Hi, I like your post, very well done. Well hang in there, you will get tons of followers. Just keep writing. I do blogs for my daughter and about sewing experiences. I guess we all kind of the same. We all want to get appreciation. Don't worry, this global world is too small, soon you will be recognizing by tons of followers good luck.
I am Bushra Syed from Voiceboks.
www.allaboutbabyzee.blogspot.com
www.syedstore.blogspot.com
So let's follow each other and stay connected for forever.
Well

Unknown said...

Now you're on VoiceBoks you may get some more followers. You're a great writer - it'll come, don't worry. Check out the group "Online Traffic Ed" on VoiceBoks. It's more about quality than quantity, with followers. Google knows the difference between a follower who visits once and a regular.
Keep on - your writing rocks!

Anonymous said...

As if you need anything else to do MWW but there is an interesting session coming up at The Wheeler Centre about opportunities for bloggers. Retired Janne has time to check thses things out!

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...