Tuesday 29 March 2016

Caving under pressure

It's not the first time it's happened.

We got home from camping yesterday and unloaded, throwing all the filth of sportswear, smoky parkers, sleeping bags and other assorted bedding, a million towels, grungy tea towels - pretty much anything and everything that can go in a washing machine.

We're less than 10 minutes into the first load and the machine starts to make some very loud noises. Bloody hell.

It was probably about 10 years ago when exactly the same thing happened - straight after Easter camping. I think the machine is fitted with a detector, sees what's coming and it's "Goodnight Irene".

Here's a selection of what it was facing:


I can't say I was sad. I've hated that machine pretty much since we bought it. There's not one dark item of clothing that doesn't come out looking like its been through a snow storm. The lint is a killer. 

Meant to be 'the best on the market' at the time, it was an 'industrial' American brand, often seen in public laundromats that gave me no hope that it would ever die, but thankfully, that day has come.

So desperate were we to get that washing down, we jumped straight online to Product Reviews to find a new one. Heading up the best was one that closely resembled what we had - both in looks and price. Forget that.

Number two looks like a ridiculous oversized bread maker - but at less than half the price, that'll do. It had rave reviews.

Geoff suggested we look at the more expensive model of the same chosen brand, here's just one recent post of 42 on the same theme.


And another:



Who'd have thought reading product reviews could be so entertaining?!

I also note today that the above model has in fact been discontinued. I'll get back to you on the model we're getting.

No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...