Sunday 5 May 2013

Falling out of love?

You know I love my fridge. Yes, the one we bought and could have had a small, brand new (albeit, probably girlie) car for the same price..... the one my friend Kirsten has even suggested she wouldn't be surprised if I ran away with it I love it so much.

Well we've had a bit of a falling out. Because it stopped working. It started making a funny sound. We got the warranty out and OMG - it was still covered!! That'd be a first. Unlike the treadmill, the washing machine, the dishwasher... oh wait - that was under warranty - the warranty just didn't cover a short circuiting of the motherboard due to a cockroach stepping onto two point simultaneously and frying itself.
Hmmmm, said that repair man, that's unlucky - we normally only see that in Queensland.

Charred remains of the offending, fried, not-covered-by-the-warranty cockroach in top left hand corner...

Anyway, back to the fridge. The repair guy said turn it off for 24-36 hours, let its insides completely defrost, turn it back on and it should be fine. IT WAS NOT FINE. It refused to work. It's so smart though, it could tell me it was a toasty 21C inside the non-working sections - positively warmer than the house. So we had to pile everything into the working side and leave the frozen stuff in the shed (in a freezer!).  It's chock-a-block in the remaining one, I'll tell you.

So we had to get the repair guy back. Hmmmm, he said, that's unusual. (Isn't it always?) There could be a crack in your compressor in which case they'll need to replace the fridge.

They took it away on Friday, leaving a very unattractive gaping hole - I am NOT happy. The verdict on repair or replace is in on Wednesday - I know what I'm hoping for!


Sad, empty fridge/freezer
Overflowing fridge on double duty.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your means of explaining all in this article is genuinely good, every one can simply understand it, Thanks a lot.



Check out my blog post :: stubbornness

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...