Friday 10 May 2013

Hundreds and Thousands


Mandy, my business partner, gave me the 'caviar pearl' nail kit from my birthday last month. As you know, I am fond of a novel nail, so it was a good choice. Here are some previous pics from previous nail posts:






Not prepared to tackle the application myself, I took it along to the lovely Maria, my perfectionist manicurist. Oh my god - I just don't have the patients; not to do them but to sit there while someone else - even someone as fun and engaging as Maria - does them. It took about an hour. She pressed every little edge, every little pearl of caviar to get this look and it did look amazing - if somewhat like I'd had my nails replaces with chocolate confectionery. 

They were a welcome talking point at a client function and a 50th birthday party were I met a whole lot of new friends (ie I didn't know many people before we got there) - but they were lumpy, thick and rough. Most odd as I poked my finger in my ear to itch, weird on the bed sheets at night and then I had to wash my hair!!! Thank god I don't have a period and a need to insert a tampon - that would truly have been the end. You have been warned. Novelty over, they lasted five days before I was back at Maria's for a removal and a gorgeous navy blue shellac. 

But, FOMO satisfied, boxed ticked, been there, done that!











No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...