Sunday 17 March 2013

They're baaaack.....

Lice. I am absolutely feed up with the little blighters. Bad enough that Sass has them - but now so do I! I have been itching and scratching for days.

I've been working on a charity event with girlfriends over the weekend and after a quick kiss hello - if I've forgotten - I did announce that I in fact, have lice, so maybe keep your distance.

Saturday night; pizza, a couple of glasses of red, relaxed, so I slipped into the bathroom and lather my head up with olive and tea tree oil before sliding it all into a plastic shower cap. Boy, Geoff was in for a treat!!! (In fact he was in bed and snoring by the time I got there - perhaps just as well!)

Sunday morning and Sass is also still scratching despite a treatment on Friday. I do her hair with the oil 'blend' and comb out more of the little suckers. I have a crack at combing mine - and lose two of my purple hair extensions!!!! Not happy. I only had them adjusted about three weeks ago - how very - bloody - annoying!! Still, I did manage to scrape out a few lice as well, so not a total loss. I then hair dried to the point my scalp was burning and straightened to kill any eggs.

And within a couple of hours.... yep, scratching. Bugger.

Two, sad, oily purple extensions that slipped out of my hair :(

8 comments:

Unknown said...

ok I can totally relate to this...they just keep coming. need to wash all linen in lice treatment and get donnas pillows, bears, brushes, hair bands, everything in the freezer or in the sun...I gave up trying to get them out myself and sent the carrier to the following salon, professions, cost about $50 for really long hair and all gone in an hour.....such a relief and removed the temptation to take a set of clippers to a teenage girls head!

National Lice Treatment Centre
Address: 684 Glen Huntly Road, Caulfield South, VIC 3162
Tel: 1800HEADLICE or 04 48184208

Mother Who Works said...

Thanks Tracy - and coincidentally, I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering how you're tracking?? Yes, I reckon all those treatments and salons are licences to print money. My GHD has becme my best friend - everytime I itch, I straighten.... so far, so good! I have researched all the remidies and sadly, short of lining up the entire primary schooland all their friends, and their friend's friends - I think even if you do get rid of them, they'll be back shortly. Litte buggers. Oh well, only four and three quarter years to go..... MWWx

Fashionista said...

I hear your pain MWW. While I admire your dedication to the natural remedies, I found that the only thing that really got rid of them was the vile smelling big gun chemical stuff from the chemist. And Miss14 came home with them a couple of weeks ago. What the???? I thought this was over in high school?! Wah!!!

JayBee said...

woaa! Tracy's advice seems much more severe thsn I ever encountered in my search as an advisor to parents. It may be politically incorrect but every school needs a nit nurse and chn sent home until treated and rechecked later. Some major slackers on the problem out there in the community -
Those little critters must have upped their anti!!!!!!

Mother Who Works said...

Yeah - well that;s just wrong! Please explain to said bugs that their ride is now post-puberty so get off!!! I suspect my small fry is too welcoming. She calls them her pets. All the boys are called Tom and all the girls are called Charlotte - apparently! MWWx

Mother Who Works said...

Me too. And $50 and they're back in a few days anyway! MWWx

Robyn said...

Maybe you have a parent or two at your school who follow the same philosophy one mother explained to me at the school gate. "Oh yeah," she said, "It's a cyclical thing. I never treat them because they'll eventually go away." Yes. Onto My. Daughter's. Head. Can't tell you how much money, time and tears have gone into lice management over the years. Good luck :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading all of your post. I like
to write a little comment to support you.

Feel free to visit my web site: best web hosting companies in nigeria

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...