Tuesday 19 March 2013

My Generosity Knows No Bounds

... and it was confirmed in yesterday's post with yet another traffic offence. This time, speeding and this time my hard earned $176 goes toooooo (drum roll).... Victoria Police! (Again).

I had exceeded the limit by a recorded 9km/h, knocked back to 6. I have a treadmill so I know how little 6km/h is, trust me. But I also know the evidence of being even just a little over, so I'm in no way defending myself. I was over.

So to recap (these are links) we've had:

Yep - I'd call that the traffic trifecta.


The irony of this last one is that when I worked in the big ad agency and we were off to a meeting, there'd be a brief discussion amongst the team about who was driving. Usually it was me (big van, sliding doors, comfortable seating for seven) and then would come the inevitable cry, 'Well, we'd better allow an extra 15 minutes to get there, then."

Yes, I drive like an old lady!! (Some would cruelly suggest I am an old lady - but my driving has been like that long before I was in fact old.) The team did concede they always felt safe when I was behind the wheel because I'm what one could call 'a cautious driver.' Others would just say 'slow'.

So how did that happen?? Who knows.

A friend did tell me you can Google 'Demerit Points' and go to site where you pop in your driver's licence number for instant bad news on your points status. I decided I didn't want to know. But last week I got another of those suspicious envelopes - a demerit point 'statement'. I lost three for The Red Light Offence but thankfully there was only one other from a couple of years back. Now there's one more - so best I return to driving like the old lady that I am, because I'm going to look very silly riding a bike everywhere.





No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...