Thursday 28 February 2013

All Give.....

As you may recall at Christmas, I had the joy of giving to The City of Melbourne by the means of a parking fine they issued me at 6.58pm in a zone that was free from 7pm.

And I just keep giving!!

Tuesday last week was a crap day. Not special crap, just ordinary crap - late for meetings, forgotten papers for said meeting, that kind of annoying stuff. And when I got home I had one of 'those' envelopes in the mail. It didn't look pretty. And my instincts were right....

This time my generosity has been involuntarily directed to Victoria Police......



.... to the tune of $352!! Eeeek. That is a lot of money for 1.6 seconds. If it can keep that up, that camera is earning $792,000 an hour.

I confess this is not my first red light offence. Remember that bit at the start about running late for a meeting? Story of my life really..... that and driving a large black van with sliding doors.

And you've gotta love their lexicon - look in that top right corner - your OBLIGATION NUMBER!!!! They clearly have a sense of humour. Yes, I am 'much obliged' - thank you very much.

More frightening than the smack of $352 was the 3 demerit points. I think I just got some back.... I hope I had three to give. I haven't heard. Anyone know what happens if you overdraw that account??


No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...