Sunday 20 May 2012

The Trip - Part X

After two rugged nights, the same clothes, no shower and endless lugging of luggage, the novelty is starting to wear thin. The train left two hours earlier than scheduled and I suddenly wake up in fright thinking.... it’ll be arriving at 6am and we won’t be ready and..... before we know it we’ll be in Saigon and..... then we’ll have to work out how to get back to where we’re supposed to be….ahhhhhhh!!!



Geoff heads out to find someone and is told it arrives at 7am. We’re up, packed and all ready by 6.30. Seven comes and goes. At 7.20 we ask another person in a uniform. ‘Five minutes,’ we’re told, confidently. We arrive an hour later.

It’s Sass’s birthday. She’s 6.




Two days ago when it was Elle’s birthday, we had that conversation you often do with kids about when they were born, what names where on the list, etc. Even though it was Elle’s day, Sass was insistent to hear her story. I told her I liked the name Maisy. Geoff didn’t. Sass declared that henceforth, she will be known as Maisy. Fine, I always liked the name!  


We get a cab to The Sheraton Hotel & Spa - and it's great! This was the accommodation I lashed out on! The kids have deep, warm baths and can watch cable TV through the glass wall in the bathroom. George is watching Phineas and Ferb and Sass, Banana's In Pajamas. Heaven!


A recovering nap, a trip to the supermarket and the bakery and we're ready for our in-house party!


Happy birthday Sass...I mean Maisy.....



No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...