Sunday 13 May 2012

Mother's Day

I had planned on running the Mother’s Day Classic, another of those oxymoron Fun Runs, but when asked Elle a couple of weeks back, she was non-committal. (I'm not even sure why I was asking here - she beat me in the recent Run For The Kids - but only by 3 minutes.) Time went on. Earlier this week she asked if I’d signed her up….

I checked the website to see if we could register on the day and it didn’t seem so. I then checked the weather and saw it was 12 degrees and raining. All’s well that ends well, I say!



So I woke up at about 9.15am, ripped into my pressies including a very stylish travel glass complete with a range of gourmet teas, a beautiful bowl of cyclamens and these amazing paintings by George.

Aren't they beautiful!

I then went off to the study to do my own Mother’s Day Classic on the treadmill while Elle prepared brunch. She had actually walked to supermarket yesterday and hidden the various ingredients in the fridge in the shed – and under her bed! But check it out – who needs to go out??


Eleanor's Mother's Day brunch - it was as good as it looks!

Having said that, we then did go out for afternoon yum cha with the cousins – we’ll be guzzling water for the next 3 days!

I know Mother’s Day is all about telling your mum how great she is, but I’m happy to tell anyone who listens how great my kids are.

Happy Mother’s Day everyone.





No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...