Sunday 15 April 2012

Baptism of Fire

My friend Theresa popped over earlier tonight and we got on to the subject of godparents and how sometimes – embarrassingly – it’s hard to remember who you’re the godparent of and who are your kids’ godparents. (It’s okay Charlie and William – I know I’m your fairy godmother!)


Anyhow, Elle, eavesdropping, somewhat aghast, said ‘Am I baptised?’
‘Yes, you are,’ I said.
‘Why am I baptised!?’ she demanded. Fair point given I’m a vocal atheist.
‘Well it’s tradition as much as anything,’ Theresa thankfully chimed in.
‘Really. I though baptised was, you know….’ said Elle, making a scissor action around her nether region.
‘That’s circumcised!!!” I cried with laughter.

2 comments:

Blackerj122 said...

Whew!!!! Poor Elle

Kelly said...

Love it!

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...