Sunday 22 April 2012

Day/night/corporate wear




I found this great Peter Alexander nightie a few years back. (A brand renowned for its pajamas that has since branched into lounge wear). Teamed with a pair of silver shoes that weren’t just ‘silver’, but like those crazy nails I had a while back, looked like they’d been cast from sterling silver and a pair of knee length white jeans and I had, I thought, quite the outfit. (Despite my work mate Brett - aka Willy -  insisting no-one should wear white jeans. ‘But I have white jeans’, I objected. ‘Yes’, he confirmed, ‘no-one…’)

Anyway, having proudly worn this outfit to many a boardroom meeting and garnered many flattering comments (so there Brett!) I was more than a little pissed off when Peter Alexander decided to feature said nightie on the front of their catalogue – completely blowing the cover of my sleepwear masquerading as corporate wear. Damn.

It’s been just a nightie for a while now…..

Anything you've managed to get away with lately in the wardrobe department?

2 comments:

Blackerj122 said...

ooooh yeah! Have a veeery cheap Target " one off " necklace which always gets very flattering comments and feel smug when they are from those who would NEVER darken Target's doors. I usually fess up though

motherwhoworks said...

Like you JB I have difficulty not telling people about my margins when really, often I should stay quiet and let them be dazzled without knowing. And BTW - gotta love a good Target buy!

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...