Saturday 7 April 2012

The Conspiracy Theory


So, here I am, Saturday night of the Easter break and I’m at home. Not camping. At home.

The plan was that George would be out of hospital Wednesday – Thursday at the latest. We had friends coming for dinner Thursday night and we’d pack up on Friday and head of to Nagambiefor a week's camping. It had taken me months of nagging to get a site at The Nagambie Lakes Caravan Park and Resort. Most places are booked out a year in advance for Easter – but around September last year I got the exciting email from the delightful Fiona at the front desk to say we were in!

Wednesday arrives. I get to the hospital in the afternoon, fully expecting to take George home….but no, the doctor barely makes eye contact as she tells me they’d really rather he stayed. ‘Until tomorrow?’ I ask hopefully. No, they’d rather he stayed in a bit longer actually – maybe a few days more.

The physio had been in earlier and said she was worried how George would go getting in and out of the tent. ‘We have a two room tent – you just walk in, you don’t crawl,’ I said. She was also worried how he’d go sleeping on the ground. ‘We have bunk beds – he’d be on the bottom one – as close to the floor as he is here on the special hi-lo bed’. We’re just not sure how you’ll go, walking him on uneven surfaces. ‘It’s a resort caravan park – the roads and paths will be paved!’

Call me suspicious but after all these objections and the multiple references to ‘we’, I am seriously smelling more than a whiff of conspiracy.

George was allowed home for the day today. “On the promise that you will not be whipping up to Nagambie” said the on-duty doctor whom I have never even met before. My theory is gaining momentum.

‘Mum, why did you even mention it?’ said Eleanor. ‘You could have just said in passing as we were leaving that’s what we were doing.” Yes, all very well in hindsight, isn’t it??

What do you think; conspiracy or coincidence?

3 comments:

Deb said...

Definitely conspiracy!!
Hope all went well today and George is home real soon...so you can all sneak off to Nagambie. Happy Easter Dx

Blackerj122 said...

Yep conspiracy!!
Hope you all had a happy easter in spite of it. Good to know that George will be home soon - no mention of Nagambie as he leaves the hospital though. Jx

Tracy said...

Yes I agree, conspiracy....but hey, it was a really crappy weekend to go camping..more like red wine indoors! Hope George is home soon.
X

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...