Monday 19 December 2011

Christmas...2011

Yes, it's that time of the year again and yes, like last year, I'm hyperventilating and existing on a diet of alcohol, chocolate, coffee and mince pies - in that order.

Here's how the conversation went a few months back:
My mum " So, are you coming up for Christmas?"
MWW: "We're thinking of going to Cambodia."
My mum: "Oh really? Dad and I went there. I found it depressing."

Two weeks later:
My mum: "So, are you coming up for Christmas?"
MWW: "No Mum, we're going to Cambodia."
My mum: "But where will you be on Christmas day??!"
MWW: "....Cambodia...."

I don't think they do Christmas there and I'm not altogether unhappy about that. In fact we'll be on a very long boat trip between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap on the day. Bliss!

Santa swung by early yesterday to deliver the little one an ATM. Yes, an Automatic Teller Machine ATM - because unlike last year when I lugged the vacuum cleaner to Dubai, (it didn't really work - god dam it!) I am not taking an ATM to Cambodia, then on to Laos, then Vietnam - including over night trains, on to Saigon and KL before home. So thank you Santa. We then had the catch up with the city relatives in a park, which went extremely well - so I feel like I'm done.

Two days of work to go and only two weeks of work to get through and we'll be flying to Cambodia - can't get that song out of my head!!

(And yes, for those of you who recall that last year I flew first class direct and sent my partner the kids via KL on Air Asia to Dubai - we're all going Air Asia!!)

Have an amazingly fabulous Christmas! MWWxx


3 comments:

Mother of a Man-Child said...

Tell me MWW did the little one buy the story about Santa visiting early? Even though he could find you in Dubai last year?
Have a great holiday far from the madding Christmas Crowds of Melbourne. Look forward to our catch up in the new year.

Blackerj122 said...

And what about your poor mother who will worry about you on Christmas Day??????@#^#^$^$
Seriously, have a wonderful festive season and look forward to hearing of your holiday adventures. Jx

Fashionista said...

MWW - thank you for the Kim Wilde blast from the past. I had rather a nostalgic giggle at the leather jacket with the sleeves pushed up. Not to mention the bouffant hair....

Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and New Year.

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...