Friday 17 April 2020

Iso


How's iso going for you?

As someone who has worked at home for a few years, to begin with, it was pretty much business as usual - but it is rapidly becoming a bit like Ground Hog Day. Is it Monday; is it Friday? Who would know. And does it even matter?

However, there has been some unexpected tolls  - namely my nails.  Pre-iso, I had them done every 2-3 weeks for that 'polished professional' look, but look at them now! Chipped, peeling, uneven - and nude!!

Today :(
Early in iso   
That, my friends, is not only the result of scraping off your own shellac but also:
  • Excessive hand washing
  • Cleaning windows - inside and out
  • Gardening - mowing, weeding, whipper-snippering
  • Ironing (an activity I've not partaken in for literally years - I'd forgotten how perversely satisfying it is to have ironed tea towels in the drawer - although when I noticed I was ironing a running T-shirt, I knew it was time to unplug...)
  • Cleaning out and rearranging cupboards
  • Bathroom scrubbing (I even RainX-ed the shower screen)
  • Hand-washing dishes - including many that could legitimately go in the dishwasher
  • Peeling, chopping, cooking
  • Laundry of all and every description
  • Vacuuming and mopping (these are perpetual now the girls are home)
  • Wiping down everything, using my nail to scrape off every little mark
I suspect I'm not alone.

Cleaning aside, we've also played UNO, Cat Bingo and Cluedo and I've completed a 1000 piece jigsaw.

My outings have pretty much been for a run, a walk or a coffee - but, when the girls and I decided a trip to the supermarket was required, I seized the occasion. I had been concerned that I might forget how to put makeup on and walk in heels - so 'dressed' for the occasion.


I'm pretty sure the guy at the Aldi checkout appreciated the effort; he said 'Have a nice day' and normally all he says is 'Would you like a catalogue?'

No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...