Wednesday 18 July 2018

Rude Awakening

It's not unusual to be woken by the garbage truck on rubbish morning. We live on a laneway shared with apartments and commercial properties including cafes, a nursery, gift and antique shops, so there's lots of bins and bottles and noise, but this week, the garbage man outdid himself.




It was 6.06am (I looked at my phone).  There was plenty of what I suspected was unnecessary revving before the truck's brakes were jammed on, and it was brutally slammed from drive to reverse, beeping beginning. It stopped, the cabin door was slammed, and then there was a lot of banging and crashing before an extended moment of eerie silence, broken by the very angry yell of the worker;

You people can GET FUCKED!!

Gosh.

I lay there feeling nervous and guilty.

Geoff, did you hear that? I ventured, assuming he was also awake.
I certainly did.
Did you put the bins around the right way, handles facing out from the curb?
I did.
Gee - that guy is very cross.
It'll be the commercial bins, he assured me.

Relaying the story, someone asked if I'd called the Council to complain. I most certainly had NOT. That guy has some serious anger management issues, and a telling off by his employer isn't going to help.

I just hope he's feeling better next week.

No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...