Monday 3 April 2017

Clubs

I love a club! Not the sporty kind (although I am a member of one of those) the kind that has lovely services and amenities or gets you into the 'members' area.

I think it's an age thing. Just a year or two ago, I don't think I belonged to any clubs. Now, I'm a member of the RACV Club (Royal Automotive Club of Victoria - not a typo, Club membership is diffent to being a member of the RACV), the MCC (Melbourne Cricket Club), the VRC (Victorian Racing Club) and the Qantas Club.

For those who may not be local, the first is about accessing lovely club resorts and country clubs about the place at excellent prices. So far we've sampled Healesville, Inverloch and the City Club and are heading down to Torquay next week. Even for a couple of nights, the serene atmosphere, friendly service and bit of luxury is very restorative. I highly recommend it! (I don't get paid for this endorsement in cash or contra - sadly!!)



The MCC is to rock up to the footy and be in the Members area  - I have zero interest in cricket (and patchy interest in footy, truth be known) but have waited almost 20 years for my nomination to come up. It's apparently the longest membership wait in the world. Geoff was so indignant with it all, that when his arrived, he refused to take it up. I did point out the MCC couldn't care less and his silent protest would go unnoted. In fairness, membership isn't cheap and he also didn't think he'd use it - fair enough. I haven't used mine so far ...



The VCR is simply to access the members areas at the races. And who doesn't love the races? You may recall my blog about it in November last year.



Finally, the Qantas Club. Here's a shot from Wednesday afternoon this week on my way back from Sydney. Nothing like a DIY toasted ham sandwich and a glass of bubbles after running a four and a half hour workshop! Purely medicinal of course!



And lastly, the Hawthorn Rowing Club... but more about that in my next post.

So - do you belong to any clubs?

2 comments:

JayBee said...

Two book clubs for me - glass of wine, a few nibbles and maybe cake accompanied by enthusiastic conversation around current and classic reads.

Mother Who Works said...

Sounds very pleasant JayBee!! MWWx

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...