Tuesday 25 December 2012

'Tis the season for giving...

It's not hard to think about those less fortunate than yourself at this time of the year - especially with all the direct mail from any and every group you've ever given money to in your whole entire life comes flooding through the letter box. So in the spirit of the season I was compelled to fill in my Visa details for a couple of them, as well as buying some gifts for the wishing tree at Sass's school and gifting an education for a girl in Africa and a pair of ducks for some other poor poverty stricken community.

What I hadn't counted on was my $70 contribution to The City of Melbourne. I copped a parking fine a couple of weeks ago. We had put all available coin into the meter just before 6pm hoping it'd take us through to the non-restricted, free for all period starting at 7pm. But it wasn't to be. Yes, in the spirit of Christmas, the time of issue on the ticket was ...... 6.58pm. And a merry Christmas to you too City of Melbourne!!

1 comment:

JayBee said...

Just maybe the officer was not a christian!!!!!
Bah Humbug.

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...