Monday 6 August 2012

The Olympics

I did wake up early last Saturday and watch a bit of the Opening Ceremony. Not the good bit. The bit where athletes parade into the arena and the only thing to comment on is what they're wearing....

At pilates, it was topic de jour. "What are you looking forward to watching?" someone asked me. "The Closing Ceremony..." I mumbled.

Okay, right here, right now - I'm not much of a sport spectator. I actually hate the tennis. Can't stand cricket. Only like the footy if it's a ripper game (like Carlton Richmond on Friday week ago - that was good!).

I saw the Bolt win the 100 metres and just saw Sally Pearson win the hurdles heat - and it was exciting, I admit. But I was so distracted by Sally's outfit. I know there's not much you can do with those colours, but really, those shorts! They're neither short or long enough...they're just...awkward! Now the German girl - her uniform was lovely..... (yes, I should not be allowed to comment on sport...I'll stop now.)

4 comments:

fellow sport fanatic said...

ha ha - funny, my thoughts exactly and funnily enough, my extent of the Olympics was tonight too. I think I was waiting for the sound of silence in the kids room. I have the same thought every year about the jewellery - what is the benefit of wearing such huge diamonds in the hurdles?

Samantha said...

I have discovered a great way to make the most of everyone else in my family loving the olympics. I sit in the same room with them watching the tv, and catch up on my writing or emails. Every now and then I say 'wow'! or "come on, Aussie". And there it is. Companionship without complete boredom....and I mean complete. Really who cares how fast or strong or good at throwing something someone is who has done bugger all else for the last twelve years? Let alone caring which country they happen to come from at the moment (it is often a bit revolving door like on the nationalities, isn't it?!).

motherwhoworks said...

I've wondered the same. How does the Bolt manage with all that gold flapping in his face? What a relief to know I'm not alone. MWWx

motherwhoworks said...

I'm hearing you sister! Yes, I sometimes sit on the couch with my iPad and play Words with Friends. It's a good ploy - that way you are a part of 'it' if anything happens. And let's face it, if we dedicated 12 years to doing something (and I don't mean kids and careers!!!) we'd probably be pretty good at it too!! Like ironing...??? No....that's worng! MWWxx

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...