Monday 11 June 2012

Lots going on in Melbourne!

Where have I been? What a good question!! To start with, we’ve been flat chat pulling together this fund raising event for George’s school. When I say ‘we’, I mean the MJs. Here’s our movie link. It’s pretty cool, even if I say so myself!


As part of this, I came up with this stupid idea that I should ‘marmalade’ all the fruit in our garden and bottle the olives and sell them to add to the funds. Stupid because I can’t tell you how many hours it’s taken – I tell you what, they’d better sell or I will cry.
Marmalade batch 6
 But, I have still managed to get out – naturally! We went to Prince last week and although I’m not a die-hard fan, I do think he’s probably the Mozart/Beethoven of our era. The way he moves from vocals, to guitar, keyboard and dances is absolutely fluid. One of the most amazing things about the concert (aside from running into our neighbours as we rushed in late) was that although the music was so loud, it was palpable on on your chest (even in the nose-bleed seats according to my sister in law), it was the only concert I’ve come out of and not had ears that felt like they were stuffed with cotton wool until the next day. The clarity of the sound was noticeably superior. I don’t know how that works but it was pretty impressive.

I took this on my phone!
The only downer was we’d been in the city for my friend Josh Robbin’s art exhibition, wandered to a bar for a drink or two and then couldn’t get a park anywhere near the venue. Naturally, I was wearing 15cm heels (very Prince!) and was almost crippled walking a good couple of kilometres getting there. On the way home I even braved my socks for a while, but my feet were so tender by then, that was equally as painful. And no, there's not a lesson in that!

Friday night, we headed back into town to one of my favourite venues, Forty Five Downstairs for a bit of burlesque. It’s pretty out there and naughty but well worth it. We’ve been at the end of the catwalk, but this time we were so close to the nudity I was actually a tad nervous! If you like a bit of great theatre (not just the naked stuff!) I’d recommend subscribing (yes, that’s an unpaid, spontaneous plug!). The have some amazing plays with big names like Samual Johnson and John Wood – all brilliant productions in a really intimate setting – if that’s your kind of thing!

PS My proof reader is also a tad under the pump, so I've spared her today's post - hope it's not too bad...

3 comments:

Blackerj122 said...

You have been out and about in your FMHAFM shoes!!!!! I'm up for some marmalade - don't know about 6 batches though. Looking forward to Friday. Jx

Micheal Alexander said...

Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Fairy Floss Machine Hire Melbourne

Eoin Archer said...

Best Lawn Mowers for Sale in Melbourne

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...