Monday 5 September 2011

T.F. Sunglasses

Here are my friend Mandy's T.F. sunglasses. That's Tom Ford. Original, stylish, genuine.... and rather expensive. Mandy was quick to point out that they even came with a lovely case to keep them in.



Here are my T.F. sunglasses. Two 4 Forty (dollars) from the local mall. Admittedly, not quite as stylish, but serve the same purpose. After I declined the additional expense of a not-very-special sleeve to put them in, they threw in an oh-so-practical zip-lock plastic bag.

By my maths, my T.F.s were less than 10% of Mandy's T.F.s. To some people, that's savvy. To others, it's a waste of money on a cheap imitation.

Which camp do you fall into?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me, cheap imitation sunglasses now do the job and seem savvy BUT not a cheap imitation handbag. Go figure! Derided recently by classy friend for now settling for cheap umbrellas too.JB

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

If it works cheap imitation all the way to the hip pocket. They look good to me.

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...