Thursday 15 September 2011

The Secret to Running Fast


I’ve blogged before about the oxymoron that is the Fun Run. Last year I did four of them and this year I’ve done the sum total of none. I’m quite comfortable with that.

Last year, we took the kids and went with some other friends to do the City to Surf in Sydney. It’s just over 14kms. My partner pushed our disabled son, the then 11 year old pushed the then 4 year old while I ran. We had a great weekend. My surrogate daughter, Frankie, lives in Sydney and came to babysit on the Friday night while we grown ups went to dinner at the very fine restaurant Icebergs in Bondi. She joined us for family dinner the next night and the run on Sunday.

My friends Jen and Craig ran a great time of about an hour twenty. I was happy with my time of an hour 28.

We recently went to Jen and Craig’s farm for a really lovely weekend. The 12 year old and I decided to go for a run on the Sunday morning. We asked Jen if she wanted to come, but she declined (it was extremely cold.)

‘Can Jen run?’ asked our smallest one.
‘Oh yes. She’s a better runner than me,’ I replied.
‘That’s because she’s lighter than you!’ Hmmmm. Yes, quite possibly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is smallest one doing the comedy at the school production next week? Maybe I will see you there. JB

Mother Who Works said...

Indeed she is and yes, we will be there! Up the back. I booked the tickets on the day after they were released and all those new and not-worn-out mums beat me to the punch for seats up the front! MWWx

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...