Friday 2 February 2018

End of an era

Sass started high school this week. Here she is!


Yes -  a bit of late bloomer, she looks like she could be going into Year 4 but she really is in Year 7. With a bit of lippy and a fake id, I swear half her friends could get into a night club! Whereas Sass can still eat from the kids' menu - no questions asked.

But the real milestone is that this is the first time in 19 years (yes - nineteen!!!) that we no longer have a child in primary school.

Nineteen consecutive years.

George started school in 1998 and we've been doing drop offs and pick ups ever since.

I'd love to say how many cakes I've baked, stalls I've manned and funds I've raised - but the truth is, not many!!

And according to market research segmentation, we are no longer classified as a 'Young Family' - the criterion being a child in primary school. We've finally evolved to 'Older Family' and 'Empty Nesters' is sill probably a decade away.

Lucky I like kids!

No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...