Wednesday 26 August 2015

Dark Blue Ankle Boots

If you've spend any extended time with me this winter, you'll know I've been in pursuit of some dark blue ankle boots.

Inspired by the chick who gave the PR talk at Elle's careers night, I rushed her at the end - where did she get those boots? That was months ago and still no luck.

I only have to type 'D' into my Google search bar and 'Dark Blue Ankle Boots' pop up. I've searched the sites of brands, department stores, fashion aggregating sites (where they list items from masses of retailer sites) - everything.

The original boots (Acne) maybe weren't quite high enough for me - and also globally out of stock :(

Then I found these! A bit expensive, but on sale and gorgeous. I ordered them. I could hardly sleep! The next day I got an email saying my order had been cancelled - WTF?? I called America. They actually didn't have them in stock :(

Disheartened and desperate, I found these. Frankly, not quite expensive enough and from one of the aggregated sites for manufacturers in China. Still, I ordered them. They looked pretty good and I was out of options.


And here's what turned up! These are NOT dark blue - they're PURPLE!!



I have complained and requested I return them. 'No can do, most valued customer. These are as advertised and same as picture - dark blue.' They bloody well are not.

I did that test on Facebook to see if I can spot colour differences - you know the one -  and I got 'Eagle Eye'. So I know dark blue from purple peeps.
(And yes, those are the frickin' boots in the top left hand corner because I've looked at them so much, they're now haunting me (or re-targeting as we say in the biz) whereever I go...)



So, here we are. Almost September, weather defrosting and still no dark blue boots. Just purple :(

3 comments:

JayBee said...

I'm on the hunt for that colour blue shoes. Suppose that means I rule out the Chinese connection! I can see you in the purple boots though MWW.

Mother Who Works said...

You will see me in the pruple ones - becasue I can't send them back!! MWWx

Sandra said...

amazing ankle boots and i like this review

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...