Sunday 8 February 2015

What the heck was I thinking?

I went for a run yesterday.

Well, half a run.

You'd think I'd have learned my lesson from the recent, disastrous Bike Ride.

Apparently not.

Determined to step up my training for the Run For The Kids, I decided yesterday was the day to aim for 12kms instead of my more usual weekend run of 10km.

It was about 32 degrees when I set off. And as I ran, it seemed to get hotter and hotter. The wind also picked up.



The situation was not improved by my nutritional intake for the day - one strong, skinny latte.

I trudged on.  I stared with envy at passing bike riders' water bottles.

This was ridiculous!

Determined not to make the same mistake twice, and spend the rest of the day in recovery, I pulled the pin at 6.36km - yep, pretty much half of what I'd planned. And even that had involved a few stints of walking.

I called home and ordered an immediate collection.

Maybe I'll try again today.








No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...