Monday 15 December 2014

Blushing like a teenage girl.

I'm so bored with the tedious project that is our shed renovation. It's been two year of plans, permits and money spent and so far nothing has actually happened. But I live in hope that 2015 may in fact be the year. Stay tuned.

We're planning to replace the existing building and add a loft and I'm dead keen to have sloping, loft-like windows that can be fully opened. It's been a task, but I have finally located a company that can do it. After a month of dealing with people in Sydney who clearly have no interest, I was directed to their Melbourne rep who - for a change -  has been incredibly responsive and helpful. Let's call him 'Angelo'.

I sent him engineering plans and the window schedule, he spoke to the engineers about the angle, he advised the maximum degree, we discussed automated versus manual, he got me a estimate, I requested a drawing so I could understand how the opening worked, he sent one but I couldn't work it out. I rang him on Friday and, ever helpful,  he said no worries, he'd pop around and explain it. Great!

Having dealt with 'Angelo' on the phone and via email for a while now, I had conjured up an image of a friendly, portly, middle aged southern European guy. But when 'Angelo' turned up - O...M...G! I already knew he was friendly and cheerful - but I wasn't expecting HOT.

I opened the door (wearing ugg boots, jeans and a T - thankfully I did have make up on!) and was almost rendered speechless. He's about 6'8" (I'm not exaggerating), athletic and just, well, so amazingly good looking I actually started blushing!!! Seriously, I can't even remember that happening when I was a teenager! It was so embarrassing. I couldn't even look at him.


I must have said hello and come in because next minute we're standing at my shamefully messy desk and I'm rummaging for plans that I'd not previously bothered to locate. Just as well as it so happened as it gave me a moment to try and collect myself!

Anyway.... he was very helpful and explained the drawing and even came up with an idea that will look better and reduce the cost - so he's not just a pretty face!

When he left, I was still so flustered I couldn't focus on my work, thinking I need to tell someone how hot the window guy is - so I sent Geoff a text!

Okay - this isn't a picture of  'Angelo' but you get the idea.



I have got a couple of other companies quoting but I'm pretty sure he's got the job. Because he's so helpful of course!!

1 comment:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...