Thursday 23 January 2014

Japanese Toilets

I couldn't go past a post of Japaneses toilets. And I confess, here and now, I want one!




As I said on FB, the best thing about skiing in Japan wasn't the amazing snow, the super friendly people or even the delicious food - it was the heated toilet seats. And pretty much every toilet had them. Can you imagine?? You come in from the cold (I'm always cold - the kids reckon I'm reptilian) and pop yourself down on a nice warm loo - bliss!

There's also an array of pressure-adjustable sprays and squirts to wash your bits and pieces should you feel the need. We even came across one that had a built-in warm air dryer!

An Aussie we met at the snow told us that on her first trip to Japan she was staying with friends. Curious about the buttons next to the toilet, she banged a few, got the fright of her life, couldn't turn it off so leat from the throne only to have the water hit the ceiling!! Explain that to your gracious hosts.

There are two kinds of toilets on offer in most public loos - sit down or squat. I've confessed before that a squat usually leaves me with wee on my foot - which  is fine in a hot climate where you can just swoosh some water over it, but less fine when you're wearing suede apres boots. Even the local wait for the sit down variety. Here's an example.


And finally, the ultimate toilet gadget; a speaker that, at the touch of a button plays loud gushing water sounds to cover up any loud gushing water sounds that you might be making! No chance of getting stage fright here. Have a listen.




2 comments:

MOMOTOM said...

ok

Ensuite Stogo said...

I've learned so much from your blog! Your expertise shines through, making complex subjects easy to understand. Thank you for being a reliable source of information.
luxury Portable Ensuite hire melbourne

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...