Sunday 19 January 2014

Cool Tokyo - Part I

Yes there is some weird stuff in Tokyo but by god they have some amazing cool stuff as well. 

The Prada building in Roppongi Hills was one of my faves. Never mind the bags and clothes - it was the architecture that was taking my breath away. Each window is convexed and the building twists as it rises.





You can either enter through the front door or take this uber cool tunnel straight to the basement so you can work you way up and miss nothing!


The tunnel entrance
Inside the tunnel


The front door






















We also went to the Tokyo National Museum and although the exhibits were great, the way they were displayed and some of the other bits around were way cooler!

The laptop 'case'. Love that wooden mouse!



The reading space in the museum




















And finally, some very cool leather chairs that my snap just does not do justice to.



More cool stuff in part II.

No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...