Wednesday 28 August 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Bit Like Christmas



Check the date people - that's right - August 28th. AUGUST!!!

So I was at Coles this afternoon and look what I spied?? An entire stack of Christmas Mince Pies.

I had some Christmas cards years ago that said 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...' on the front and inside, '.... and it has been in the department stores since September'

Well, this is proof - it's not just our imagination - it is coming around faster every year.








2 comments:

Fashionista said...

What is it about retailers and their desperation to get their mitts on our money??? Sigh.

We actually have a rule in our house, no Christmas until after my birthday, which is the 8th December. Completely selfish I know, and I have been known to bend the rule and do a bit of organizing prior to that date, however can you imagine how over it we would be if everything started in September?

Mother Who Works said...

When I was a kid, Christmas had a build-up of about 2 weeks. Now it's four months - ridiculous! I think we should start a movement (along with National Lice Week) to stop even mentioning it until at least December. I think you're birthday could be the perfect date - not selfish - sensible!!! MWWx

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...