Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Children of Thailand

I'm currently in Chiang Mai shooting content and TVCs (Television Commercials) for Five Tastes - and it's going really well. We've had a couple of ripper duos to take on the challenges we've set them. Please do follow it all on the Five Tastes Facebook page - and Like it while you're there.

But a real highlight has been the kids - they're just gorgeous! If I wasn't on HRT I'd seriously be contemplating number five.

Check out this little chicken. Her name is Faaaaaar (probably not, but that's what it sounded like). She was in a restaurant (I use that term loosely) on Soi 38 in Bangkok - where we'd settled ourselves as our duo, Brodie and Ash, manned the street cart over the road. She is looking very apprehensively at me and rightly so because when I said to her mother how gorgeous her daughter is, she jokingly said - via the interpreter - would I like to keep her? Funny for all of us but very disconcerting when you're not yet three. I used to say similar things when my kids were little - but I hope they were clear I was kidding.

Anyway, clearly Faaaaaaar warmed up a bit because she did sit on my knee for a short stint - but as directed by her mum.

Faaaaaaar and me.

And check out these Hmong girls - they are adorable! I posted a picture on Facebook and my friend Toni thought I should bring them home and we could have one each! Made even more appealing because not only are they beautiful, but they were just so friendly and a little bit cheeky as well. We first encountered the Hmong people in Laos about 18 months ago - and you can read all about their crazy courtship customs here.

Hmong girls at the temple in Chiang Mai.




The frogs we've encountered have not been so cute. I don't mind a critter but when Mandy and I tried to wrangle this little guy for a photo, he decided to try and make a leap for it taking us both by surprise. Not pretty - and I'm not talking about the frog!!!!


Mandy and I taken by surprise by the frog I just handed her.


PS: Yes - no proofing again - sorry.

1 comment:

printronix service center said...

family sakinah mawardah warohmah.... happy family

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...