Saturday 27 April 2013

On The Gear

There's been a lot of media attention on the 'supplements' used by footballers lately, so I thought it was time to come clean and talk about my own foray into some pharmaceuticals  - in my case, not peptides, but HRT.

Please gasp is surprise that MWW could possibly be old enough to be going through 'the change' but yes folks, it seems the symptoms of peri-menopause are here - the main one really, being incredibly fucking irritable!!! I initially thought it was living with a 14 year old daughter, and I did feel considerably better after she got on that bus to boarding school, but I was still grumpier than I remembered I used to be. (Apparently this hormonal roller coaster effects your memory too - so maybe that's not true. I'll let you all be the judge of that.)

My GP sent me off to my secret-women's-business doctor, ie the gynecologist. (Men? Any of you left still reading?) I asked her if she could just write a script for everyone at home to tidy up and perhaps that would resolve my hair-trigger tendency to yell "Would you all please just pick your stuff up!!". She said if that were possible, she'd have written herself one of those years ago. Instead, she prescribed HRT patches.

Within a week, I felt noticeably better and my hair has stopped dropping out as well. The first might be psychosomatic but the second was tangible. Either way, it seems to be working.

Which brings me to my business partner, Mandy.... yes, she likes to remind anyone who cares to listen that I'm older than her by four and a half years, but she too can get a little short and snappy. I've already threatened her that one day, when she's not looking, I will quietly stick a patch on her!

Me & Mands



No comments:

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...