Sunday 14 October 2012

My gorgeous George


Gorgeous George


As some of you may know, the reason for the sudden holt in the ART series was that when we got to Yosemite, our gorgeous George stopped breathing. His heart stopped. We did CPR and called 911 who were remarkably responsive. They managed to stabilise him and get to the local hospital before he was airlifted to Modesto hospital where he had the most attentive and professional care we could have hoped for.

But after three days on life support, it became apparent that our beautiful boy was not going to wake up. He passed away on Sunday afternoon, September 30th, 2012.

I'd like to thank Ginny in particular, the amazing ICU (Intensive Care Unit) nurse and Mark, the respiratory guru for holding our hand throughout. Also ICU nurse Rachel, the understanding soul who wrangled Sass.

We held the celebration of George's life on Friday and I wanted to share the video my friend Sarah pulled together from family photos that captured him so extraordinarily well.

Like his sister Jaz, had he lived forever, we couldn't have loved him more.




9 comments:

Gale McLardie said...

Such a wonderful tribute - he (and you!) packed an amazing life into his all-too-short number of years with us... I wish I could say your loss will get easier, but I can only try to imagine how hard this is for you and Jeff. My thoughts are with you all..

Judy Lenton said...

MWW and your family, I am so sorry for your loss.

Kaye said...

I am so terribly sorry Sue. The depth of your love and bravery are remarkable. You are truly an extraordinary woman and have been blessed with a wonderful family. I'm thinking of you. K

motherwhoworks said...

Thank you Judy. MWWx

motherwhoworks said...

Thanks Kaye. Sx

Nici Henningsen said...

What a beautiful boy. Such a fitting tribute to a full and loved life. We should all be so lucky. All of our love is with you and your family Sue. Nici and family XXXXX

motherwhoworks said...

Thanks Nici. Sxxx

Tory said...

Sue so very sorry to hear of George's passing. My thoughts and love with you and your family. Tory

motherwhoworks said...

Thanks Tory. Sxxx

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...