Friday 12 August 2011

Liar, liar...

Last night I was running late for a dinner. I arrived in the precinct and couldn't find a car park for the van anywhere. So I abused my disabled car parking permit. Which I do try not to, as when I do have my son and his wheelchair on board, I find it infuriating when I can't get on. But deperate times call for desperate measure - or something like that.

As I left the car, there were a couple of young guys buying their parking ticket.

"You know that's a disabled car spot," one called to me.
"Yeah, I've got a permit. Bad heart,"  I said, patting my left hand on my chest for the desired effect.

Bad heart all right. What a lie!!!I shocked myself at how easily that slipped out.

Anyway, must dash... off to have a ct coronary angiogram...yes, really!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never park in a disabled car spot. BUT I think families with a disabled family member should be able to even if the person is not in the car - life can be more complicated and time is poor, so it is deserved. And, I am heartened that the young guys pointed it out. However, you could have said you were 'picking up'. Bad heart wouldn't cut it for me!

Mother Who Works said...

I know.... I'm still racked with guilt.... it was a very poor effort...

Camping People - 2022

I'm over camping. Geoff says it's because it rained and I got a shocking cold, and I should stop being such a Debbie Downer. That co...